Monday, 28 November 2011

Poem.

Grey.

Run your hands through my fur,
and wonder at the softness there;
That is how the air parts for me
and caresses my sleek flank.

Touch these franked ears,
feel the raised ellipses of ink;
I hear only the fast tattoo
of my accelerating paws.

The taste of the air intoxicates,
I fill my lungs and am spurred on.
Look to find my quarry
with your weak eyes;

You cannot see as far as me
and I am chasing freedom.
___________________________________________________

My mummie wrote this for me.

7 comments:

gyeong said...

Beautiful poem. My kids are wondering when I am going to write one for them.

Claire Krigbaum said...

I love this! Perfect for a greyhound.

houndstooth said...

Beautiful poetry! Your mom has great imagery!

Bunny

What Remains Now said...

This is soooo beautiful. It perfectly describes the noble Greyhound.

Sue said...

Lovely poem.

Declan said...

Blimey mate; that's a bit good innit?! Tell Mummie to write a song for Ambam next! Deccy x

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

Wow, your Mum is so talented. I wish I could paint my kids and write poems for them. They're probably not concerned that I can't though, as long as I take them for a walk, which is where we're going now. Seeya:)